#21 Cruisin_Corolla

Cruisin_Corolla

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Vehicle(s):2003 Corolla LE
    (Lunar Mist)

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

I don't need one in Michigan. I'm kinda laughing now. Imagine getting pulled over for not having the plate. Then flip the switch when cops not looking and just play dumb.

Actually, that's a good reason to get one! hmmm...I just might...

#22 InfuzeYou

InfuzeYou

• Members
  • 626 posts
  • LocationStuttgart, Germany
  • Vehicle(s):04 Corolla S

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:12 PM

I'd jump on this quick if someone could tell me an inexpensive way to plug the holes in my bumper.
Performance Mods: K&N Typhoon SRI, Megan Racing coilovers, DC Sports strut bar, Alutec lightweight crank pulley, R1 Concepts cross-drilled/slotted rotors, Hawk HPS pads, NRG voltage stabilizer/grounding kit, Optima Red Top battery

Other Mods: Chrome w/black mesh grille, H9 chrome projector headlights, 5000K 35W HIDs, 2nd gen Altis LED tails, AVS window visors, stubby antenna, Tc armrest, Räzo quick-shift knob, Enkei Super 7 18" wheels, Avital remote start w/ trunk pop & lock/unlock, LED Swap: every single bulb replaced w/ LEDs (interior & exterior), plus engine bay LEDs and under-dash LED bars

Coming soon: JP header, Vibrant axle-back exhaust, high-flow catalytic converter, Weapon-R oil catch can, TRD CAI

#23 OCDetails

OCDetails

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Location...right behind you!!
  • Vehicle(s):08 IS-F (RIP), 09 Rav4 V6 Limited, 05 Odyssey

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

Front plate is the law here too, but I've never had one on. Ever. I've got the front plate sitting in my glove box. I got pulled over once a couple years ago and the trooper was standing on the passenger side. I opened my glovebox to get my paperwork out and he saw the plate. He asked why it wasn't on the front of my car and I told him I took it off for a car show and just never put it back on. As long as you aren't being an asshole to the cop or get pulled over for peeling out in a parking lot or driving like a douche, then cops around here don't even care. Sure it is the law, but you'd think in the past several years of driving without a front plate on that I'd be harassed a little bit for it. I've been pulled over, passed state inspections, and even had my car looked by a cop after I rear ended someone and the only time anyone has ever said anything about the front plate was when a cop saw it in my glovebox. So yeah... I'm not interested in paying a single dime for some device that hides it under my front bumper. Unless you live in an area where it is enforced hard core then I wouldn't recommend it for anybody else either. Take your chances. What's the worst that can happen? You don't even have to pay a fine on a fix it ticket like that unless you refuse to put it back on for the cop. My front bumper right now doesn't even have the holes, so I'll just try my luck again for another couple years and see what happens. ;)

Posted Image

~ ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~ ~
Obsessive Compulsive Detailing

#24 OCDetails

OCDetails

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:27 PM

I'd jump on this quick if someone could tell me an inexpensive way to plug the holes in my bumper.

Sure. Go to Home Depot and get a couple of the drip line sprinkler hose plugs and slam those in. Put a blob of touch up paint on the ends and they will blend right in with the rest of your bumper. Piece of cake.

They kind of look like this, but you can find them with flatter heads. They look just like the pop-it tabs holding the heat shield under most car hoods on.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 toyrolla03

toyrolla03

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • Locationnew york
  • Vehicle(s):2003 toyota corolla

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:30 AM

Bumperplugs.com I think is the site
TRD s/c/Crower stage 2 f/i cams/Supertech springs,retainers,valves/MWR billet rods/Crower pistons/JP Performance header/Custom exhaust with magnaflow muffler/Alutec crank pulley/Emanage Ultimate/Camcon/MIRO 111 18x8.5 et35/Megan Racing coilovers/UR front strut bar/UR room bar/UR 4pt. rear strut bar/UR 2pt. lower bar/Progress rear sway bar/custom billet fuel rail/DeatschWerks 380cc injectors/255LPH MWR fuel pump/ and other exterior mods

#26 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

• Members
  • 628 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley
  • Vehicle(s):'04 Toyota Matrix XRS

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

There are DIY options, go to your local Home Depot/Lowes look for something like in this thread. (I did a quick search for one of these threads.) http://www.nicoclub....mper-plugs.html

Milpitas? nah, I don't live or go through there. I'm a bit south of there; where the cops don't care about the front plate IF your car is expensive enough or clean enough.
So, I just keep mah car as clean as I can. Seems to work :)

Is there a lot of cops that care about that sorta thing in Milpitas?

It's the only area I've been stopped for everything and anything... I'm usually around there if any thing after 12am (getting off work) so I'm an easy target... I wished the whole "if your car is expensive enough" argument worked for me...

Posted Image

#27 ncc74656m

ncc74656m

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • LocationNYC
  • Vehicle(s):Impulse Red 2006 Corolla LE

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

LMAO, this is the kinda s*** that they shoot you for in NYC.
Corolla9's only transwoman with a five speed transmission.

"Remember all the movies, Terry, we'd go see, tryin' to learn how to walk like the heroes we thought we had to be, when after all this time to find we're just like all the rest..." - Bruce Springsteen - Backstreets

2006 Impulse Red Corolla LE

#28 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

• Members
  • 628 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:34 AM

As long as you aren't being an asshole to the cop or get pulled over for peeling out in a parking lot or driving like a douche, then cops around here don't even care.

What... if the cop is asshole, jerk, c***... etc...

He asked why it wasn't on the front of my car and I told him I took it off for a car show and just never put it back on.

That isn't a good enough excuse here...

You don't even have to pay a fine on a fix it ticket like that unless you refuse to put it back on for the cop.

I still did... I had to flag a cop down too because the police station (Milp3nis) I got the ticket from wasn't open all day...

Unless you live in an area where it is enforced hard core then I wouldn't recommend it for anybody else either.

A few local Celica's have it on and apparently got away with them.

Posted Image

#29 InfuzeYou

InfuzeYou

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

Where I am, it is strictly enforced, and I would love to be able to have a front mounted plate without having holes in my bumper. I'm def. interested in the manual hide-the-plate, just waiting to see the GB price.

Also, thanks for the info on plugging the holes, going to check local hardware stores today.
Performance Mods: K&N Typhoon SRI, Megan Racing coilovers, DC Sports strut bar, Alutec lightweight crank pulley, R1 Concepts cross-drilled/slotted rotors, Hawk HPS pads, NRG voltage stabilizer/grounding kit, Optima Red Top battery

Other Mods: Chrome w/black mesh grille, H9 chrome projector headlights, 5000K 35W HIDs, 2nd gen Altis LED tails, AVS window visors, stubby antenna, Tc armrest, Räzo quick-shift knob, Enkei Super 7 18" wheels, Avital remote start w/ trunk pop & lock/unlock, LED Swap: every single bulb replaced w/ LEDs (interior & exterior), plus engine bay LEDs and under-dash LED bars

Coming soon: JP header, Vibrant axle-back exhaust, high-flow catalytic converter, Weapon-R oil catch can, TRD CAI

#30 NozMonster

NozMonster

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • LocationLedyard, CT

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

I have pricing for the manual units but I'm still waiting on the price for the automatic ones. My source is out from surgery until the middle of next week. Manual prices are as follows:

1-5: $55 shipped
6-15: $50 shipped
15+: $45 shipped

I will start an official group buy thread.

#31 toyrolla03

toyrolla03

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • Locationnew york

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

Automatic 1 man. Still waiting
TRD s/c/Crower stage 2 f/i cams/Supertech springs,retainers,valves/MWR billet rods/Crower pistons/JP Performance header/Custom exhaust with magnaflow muffler/Alutec crank pulley/Emanage Ultimate/Camcon/MIRO 111 18x8.5 et35/Megan Racing coilovers/UR front strut bar/UR room bar/UR 4pt. rear strut bar/UR 2pt. lower bar/Progress rear sway bar/custom billet fuel rail/DeatschWerks 380cc injectors/255LPH MWR fuel pump/ and other exterior mods

#32 NozMonster

NozMonster

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • LocationLedyard, CT

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

Automatic 1 man. Still waiting

I'll get it to you as soon as he is back. I expect him to be open either Wednesday or Thursday.

#33 OCDetails

OCDetails

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

If there is one thing I've had to learn the hard way then it is never break the law in a place that needs money. Like if the town has a new courthouse they have to pay for or some other city building. The first thing they do is tell the cops to go 'fundraising' and start writing some tickets. California is practically bankrupt and the state needs money. Therefore EVERYTHING is illegal and you don't get away with much. lol I had a buddy get pulled over out there once and they cited him for at least a dozen different vehicle safety violations that snowballed into a fine so large that he actually had to move out of the state rather than pay it. Sure he has a bench warrant out on him in California, but he doesn't plan on ever driving in california again. The state is ridiculous with the laws. So I've got sympathy for you guys out there. What flies in my state definitely wouldn't fly in yours. I'd just stick as close to the law as possible if I were there.

Posted Image

#34 instant_corolla

instant_corolla

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Locationoakland
  • Vehicle(s):07 Corolla
    00 Accord
    11 Camry

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:48 AM

your better off not having a license plate... then to pay 150 to relocate it, better yet diy...
07 Corolla LE Impulse Red

6k HIDs + halo projectors ll 2nd gen altis ll Cf rear window spoiler ll Altis lip spoiler
Clazzio seats ll Tinted windows 35%front 5%back ll Esam visors ll Led everything
Under-dash leds ll Honeycomb grille ll Hella horns ll Ksport coils
Sony stereo w/ 12" sub ll Front bumper lip ll Blacked out roof ll
Yellow foglights ll Bronze Enkei ev5 w/ 225/45/R17 ll

and cf vinyl everywhere.. like omg everywhere..........

#35 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

• Members
  • 628 posts
  • LocationSilicon Valley

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:12 AM

Gonna do this after I unbend my plate. http://www.scionlife...read.php?t=5845

Posted Image

#36 InfuzeYou

InfuzeYou

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

Yeah, so, I can't think of any reasonable place to mount one of these on my 04 w/ S body kit.

#37 toyrolla03

toyrolla03

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • Locationnew york

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:18 AM

Lower grill on bumper support

#38 bakitWHY

bakitWHY

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:18 AM

pretty nice add-on.. I'd def. join the wagon as long as the price is less than $149 lol.. maybe $99, I'd do it!

#39 khrisxyu

khrisxyu

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

mount them under the lowest part of lower grille left, right, or middle?

or mount them in between bumper and lower grille center? ( where it normally is)
2. Signature size limit is 500 x 200 so don't go ANY BIGGER, only one image is allowed.

#40 Thomaswgoh

Thomaswgoh

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:39 PM

I guess noone is interested anymore. Well i will keep this up for another week or two. If noone is interested then i will delete the feeler Gb on these. You can always buy them straight up from me for 190 plus shipping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users