• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nolimitz

nolimitz

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Vehicle(s):2006 xrs

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:17 PM

Ok so I removed the two bolts to take out the timing chain tensioner but it hits the little shock from the serp tensioner. Now I cannot take it out or put it back. trying to put it back causes it to tension the chain way to much because it cannot retract without taking it out. any ideas need it done today
©®

#2 Phantom_xrs

Phantom_xrs

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, California
  • Vehicle(s):2005 Corolla XRS
    2002 Tacoma TRD PreRunner

Posted 22 August 2016 - 12:14 AM

Wish I could help. Someone will come through on here, if you haven't figured it out yet
03 Matrix XRS ECU and/or Reflashed Corolla Xrs Ecu
Injen CAI
2.5" Custom Exhaust(decat) Vibrant resonator and Magnaflow muffler
PPE R9K 4-2-1 Race Header
MWR Underdrive Pulleys
ENERGY MM Inserts
BC BR Coilovers with Swift Springs
ACT Stage 2 Clutch

IG: phantom_xrs

#3 tonyp_xrs

tonyp_xrs

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:20 AM

I believe you need to partially remove the belt tensioner in order to provide clearance for the removal and installation of the chain tensioner.

From my experience with the Matrix XRS, this involves supporting the motor and removing the front-passenger motor mount, and then jacking the motor up. Once there's adequate clearance, relieve tension on belt tensioner and remove serpentine belt.  Partially remove bolts holding belt tensioner to motor.  You don't have to remove it completely. This should finally provide you with enough clearance such that the chain tensioner can be removed.

#4 FinalGear

FinalGear

Guru

• Members
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:20 AM

nolimtz

http://www.tcorolla.net/

#5 djderk

djderk

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA
  • Vehicle(s):2005 Corolla XRS
    2008 Yamaha WR250R

Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:46 PM

I believe you need to partially remove the belt tensioner in order to provide clearance for the removal and installation of the chain tensioner.

From my experience with the Matrix XRS, this involves supporting the motor and removing the front-passenger motor mount, and then jacking the motor up. Once there's adequate clearance, relieve tension on belt tensioner and remove serpentine belt.  Partially remove bolts holding belt tensioner to motor.  You don't have to remove it completely. This should finally provide you with enough clearance such that the chain tensioner can be removed.

This^^

Same with the Corolla XRS too. Remove the 12mm nut at the top and loosen the 17mm until you have a couple mm's of space to fit a pry bar in and gently pull the tensioner away from the engine and then the chain tensioner will slide out

2005 Corolla XRS Phantom Grey - Injen CAI, TRD Muffler, pinned ECU, MWR SS, TWM weighted knob, H&R springs, Energy mount inserts, Morimoto D2S 5500K projectors, LED DRL, Altis 2nd gen tails, LED interior, Graphite Sparco 17x7.5 205/45/17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport, MWR underdrive pulleys. RallyArmor UR Mudflaps.

#6 Ericazvfk

Ericazvfk

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:49 PM

I believe it is M47 and not a N47 but dont understand why as its less problematic and surprised me when they did say Timing Chain Issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users