Wheels studs offset

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 bubsrolla

bubsrolla

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:42 AM

Hey everyone I have a couple questions, my current wheel setup is 16x8 et20. I have a new setup right now that is 17x9 et35. But the wheels are 5x114.3 so I bought some adapters from FRSport that are 15mm, so that would bring my offset for my new setup at 20. My only problem is my studs extend more then the adapter so my wheel won't sit flush with the adapter. I don't want to cut my stock studs but was hoping there were shorter studs made already. I think our stock length is 40mm long so I'm not sure what to do. I can't find anything on shorter studs anywhere on google. Any input is appreciated I need to know what to do.( I don't want to redrill my wheels either)
Thanks in advance everyone!!

#2 FinalGear

FinalGear

Guru

• Members
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:21 PM

wait a minute..... cut the "studs" :blink: :wacko:

Posted Image

^--- your talking about "THAT" stud???? right

#3 bubsrolla

bubsrolla

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

When you run adapters that are ahorter then your OEM wheel studs you either have to cut them out get shorter ones. So that your wheel sits flush with the adapter. It's all over the google and youtube. But I did want to cut them I wanted to put on shorter ones but cannot find any info on it.

#4 bubsrolla

bubsrolla

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

This happens every time you have adapters or spacers that are longer then your stock studs. My adapters already have new studs pushed in them if that helps you understand.

#5 bubsrolla

bubsrolla

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:03 PM

***i mean adapters that are shorter then your stock studs***

#6 FinalGear

FinalGear

Guru

• Members
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:23 PM

When you run adapters that are ahorter then your OEM wheel studs you either have to cut them out get shorter ones. So that your wheel sits flush with the adapter. It's all over the google and youtube. But I did want to cut them I wanted to put on shorter ones but cannot find any info on it.

our chassis isn't to popular try searching under...
Toyota Supra
Toyota Celcia
Scion TC
Scion FR-S

also.. try search under HONDA (they always have a better aftermarket line up)

This happens every time you have adapters or spacers that are longer then your stock studs. My adapters already have new studs pushed in them if that helps you understand.

try to avoid cutting them

#7 bubsrolla

bubsrolla

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

Okay you must not understand what I am looking for. I don't need to look under any specific car if I know the thread pitch and knurl of our stock ones, I'm just trying to find them shorter and cannot find anything which is why I posted this up. M12x1.5 is not difficult to find in 40mm like our stock ones but it's hard to find it any shorter like 25-30mm in length. Anyways thanks for trying to help..

#8 Adama

Adama

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationWillows / Sacramento - CA
  • Vehicle(s):.
    2007 Corolla S
    1987 4Runner SR5
    2000 Jeep TJ Sport

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:11 PM

Perhaps go to Dorman website and look through their catalog for what your looking for or your nearest parts house, and look at their Dorman catalog. I ran into almost the same issue (needed longer wheel studs) on my 4Runner. I found Landcruiser wheel studs that would work for me.
2007 Corolla S Silver Streak Mica
BC Racing Coilovers / TRD Front & Rear Sway Bars / TRD Front Strut Bar / Alutec Rear Strut Bar
Celica GTS Rear Disc Brakes / Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines / 10th Gen Xrs Rims / 55w DDM HID Low & Fog 6000k
UR Side Bars / UR Room Bar / 2nd Gen Altis Tails / S2K Antenna / Xrs Grill / Injen CAI / LE Optitron Gauges
Celica GTS E-Brake Handle Cover / Tc Center Console Lid / Tc HomeLink Mirror / OBX Pedals / Pioneer Avic-Z3
Valentine 1 / ScanGauge II / Front & Rear Cameras
/ Xrs Seats

#9 bubsrolla

bubsrolla

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

Yeah my problem is just the opposite of yours, it's easy for me to find extend studs that range from 45mm to 60mm but nothing shorter then 40mm which I think is stock on the 9thgencorolla. I was looking through the ARP site and couldn't find any shorter, so if ARP doesn't make them shorter I don't think any other company would.

#10 7six0rolla

7six0rolla

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • LocationSD
  • Vehicle(s):05 xrs

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

Look behind the rims if there are pockets that will be enough to clear the studs...i am running 15mm spacers with no isues

#11 bubsrolla

bubsrolla

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

They don't have the pockets in the back of the wheels like most do.

#12 Josh.Chaos

Josh.Chaos

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:47 PM

A lot of the vw guys just cut em. As long as you make straight cut by hand or with a low temp disc on a grinder it won't overheat. The only thing to worry about when cutting them is that they don't overheat and damage the integrity of the metal.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

#13 bubsrolla

bubsrolla

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

Right, I've done my research as far as cutting but I hoped someone would know of a company that made shorter studs so I didn't have to cut them. Thanks for all the input guys much appreciated

#14 FinalGear

FinalGear

Guru

• Members
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:21 PM

Okay you must not understand what I am looking for. I don't need to look under any specific car if I know the thread pitch and knurl of our stock ones, I'm just trying to find them shorter and cannot find anything which is why I posted this up. M12x1.5 is not difficult to find in 40mm like our stock ones but it's hard to find it any shorter like 25-30mm in length. Anyways thanks for trying to help..

just trying to help...

either.. get more
Posted Image

Posted Image

or start stacking washers

Posted Image

#15 bubsrolla

bubsrolla

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:44 PM

I know, I didn't mean to come off mean but I got the perfect setup(size and offset with adapters so i don't want to add more negative offset. But thank you again I'm just going to have to cut them

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wheels, studs, offset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users