21 replies to this topic

#1 CorollaKen

CorollaKen

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:36 PM

Hey all,

I would like to welcome any/all of the 9thgen'ers in the Ottawa/Gatineau area to the new Corolla9.com site.

It would be cool to set up regular meets like the the ones in Toronto with east and west-end meets.

We should pick a spot in Kanata and one in Gloucester/Orleans and meet up.
We could even do a south meet in the Strandherd/Riverside South area for that matter.

I loved the car scene in the UK when I visited there this past Fall. They have "cruises" to thier meet up locations and they happened throughout the week even on Sunday nights.

I know Old Man Winter is heading our way and that kind of puts a damper on car meets for about 4-6 months around here, but there is always a Timmy's somewhere to invade for something hot to drink :)

Post up your suggested meet locations and maybe we can set something regular up. The Friday's at M&M were a Fail - only one or two 9thgen/MO people ever at any time :( I was there almost every Friday throughout the summer.

Keep in touch - I always enjoy bumping into 9th gen & Matrix/Vibe owners - even Celicas and anyone interested in talking about thier cars basically :lol: :)

Cheers,
Ken
2005 Corolla CE SE

#2 dearthpika

dearthpika

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:27 AM

hey, ill be in ottawa this weekend coming up, give me a shout, lets get some ppl out!!!! a dinner, meetup, tour of the war museum :D
Posted Image
why mess with perfection...

#3 brin_bois

brin_bois

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:07 PM

id really be up for this when winter is over!

#4 kanata_matrix

kanata_matrix

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationO-town
  • Vehicle(s):04 matrix xr, 06 yaris le

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:53 PM

not tonight for sure...drive safe guys...I am plowing my street with my 16" winters and body kits still on woot.

#5 brin_bois

brin_bois

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

Just to let you guys know. i will be at the meet tomorrow night (friday). If your looking for me ill probably with the vw guys, but if not ive got green gts rims which are hard to miss :P Hope to see some on you there!

#6 kanata_matrix

kanata_matrix

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationO-town

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

Anyone going to the Car Show this weekend? I will be there on Saturday after 1pm sometimes.

#7 brin_bois

brin_bois

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

going to the merival car meet this friday again if the weather is nice. Hope to see some members there!

#8 CorollaKen

CorollaKen

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

Hey,

Sorry, I have kind of forgotten about the forum lately :(
I will try to be out to the Merivale spot every Friday after 9:30pm or so, weather permitting ;)
My car is my avatar photo.
I'll keep an eye out for any other Corollas, Celicas and Trix.
Cheers,Ken
2005 Corolla CE SE

#9 brin_bois

brin_bois

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

I will be a M&M tonight at roun 9:30

#10 CorollaKen

CorollaKen

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:58 PM

I'd love to say I'll be out tonight - but family commitments will keep me away :(
I will be there next week (June 22) weather permitting.

I am also considering getting an FR-S in Spring 2013.

I'll be parting out my Corolla in the Fall this year to convert it back to stock as my winter car :( If you bump into me this summer I'll let you know what will be up for sale - keep in mind I have K-Sport's, LED Tails, Pwr fold Mirrors, Grill, Lower Lip, window spoiler, 17" Enkei J10s w/ new Yoko AVID rubber ;)

Hope to see some of you this summer in Ottawa :)

Cheers,
Ken
2005 Corolla CE SE

#11 kanata_matrix

kanata_matrix

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationO-town

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:56 PM

I might be there for a bit tonight. Score some ADR wheels with falken FK 225-50-17 tires will slap them on this weekend when I get my tunner lug nuts.
Dibs on the power fold mirrors Ken :)

#12 inverted

inverted

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:32 PM

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I started autocrossing my '06 Matrix XRS again this year with MCO. This will be my first full season, so far so good! I currently live in Cornwall so Ottawa evening meets usually aren't possible for me. Feel free to come check out the autocross any time at Scotiabank Place, either Lot 9 or Lots 4+5, usually Sundays but check the schedule. If you do show up, come introduce yourself and if I'm willing/able, I'll give you a ride-along. If not there's tons of friendly people at the club who don't mind the occasional ride-along. It's grassroots motorsports and ride-alongs are a great way to get people involved! All spectators on-site must sign a waiver and wear the provided spectator bracelet.

Here's a few links if you're interested:

MCO AutoX Schedule: http://www.mco.org/c...dule%20v0.9.pdf
My media thread: http://www.mco.org/p...php?f=3&t=14184
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.c...verted83/videos

On 2 wheels at PMG (hard to tell but definitely 2 wheels):
Posted Image

Edit: kanata_matrix I'm putting those rims to good use! Haven't done much with the headlights yet. Bought the HID kits just need to find time for the project. Ken, an FRS for autocross is a dream come true! You'd have to change your name to FRSKen tho ;) I've been thinking about an FRS as our 2nd car but will probably wait a few years, maybe buy used after I get some more seat time in a less capable car...
Posted Image
2006 Matrix XRS
MCO AutoX #89 (E Class)
Mods: Hankook RS3's on OEM 16's, TRD lowering springs, Hawk HPS pads, Cosmo SRI with K&N.

#13 inverted

inverted

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:55 AM

MCO AutoX Event #4 re-scheduled to Saturday July 7th, Lot 9. First car on at 10am! =)
Posted Image
2006 Matrix XRS
MCO AutoX #89 (E Class)
Mods: Hankook RS3's on OEM 16's, TRD lowering springs, Hawk HPS pads, Cosmo SRI with K&N.

#14 CorollaKen

CorollaKen

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:48 AM

Hey all
I've been out to m&m many Friday nights so far - hanging with the FR-S guys
I am planning on a FR-S myself for spring 2013 :) so maybe I'll have to try out autox in the coming years
I'll br in Mont Tremblant Friday watching racing :)
so might not be at m&m this week - next Friday for sure ;)

Ken
2005 Corolla CE SE

#15 brin_bois

brin_bois

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:00 AM

Hey guys, im currently in toronto fo schooling but this is my last week here so not the upcomming friday but the one after that, I will def be there!

#16 brin_bois

brin_bois

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

so im back from toronto and will be attending the friday night meet hope to see some guys from the forum there. Pm me and ill leave you my number and we could maby hit up food or something just before and arrive together.

#17 inverted

inverted

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

What's up on Friday the 17th of August? I have an autocross event with MCO on the 18th and always stay in Ottawa the night before.

Let me know if there's a meet or something.
Posted Image
2006 Matrix XRS
MCO AutoX #89 (E Class)

#18 CorollaKen

CorollaKen

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

I have had 2 accidents in the past 3 weeks with my Corolla :(
Got rear-ended at the light one intersection north of Hunt Club on Merivale (at CanTire/TGT).
Second was last Friday night Woodroffe @ Fallowfield, left turn into the PetroCan/Tims - got hit by a 2000 Blazer on right-rear qtr. Bent the rear wheel hub, caved in the qtr panel and bent the trunk inside.Might be a write off - will find out later this week :(
I didn't get my coilovers off of it yet either - so they may be toast.
If written off, the power folding mirrors, rear window visor, custom grill, painted (1E3 grey) headlights will soon be for sale - stay tuned.

I might get a 2012 Corolla though, still planning on an Ultramarine 2013 FR-S too ;)

Ken
2005 Corolla CE SE

#19 kanata_matrix

kanata_matrix

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationO-town

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

Damn that suck man. My orange yaris got rear end as well push into an suv good thing we at a stop light but I think my yaris also a write off.

#20 CorollaKen

CorollaKen

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

So my Corolla was written off by the insurance company :(
They gave me a great value for it though.

So I should have a 2013 Yaris LE+ around Dec 27 - only 2% over dealer invoice too ;)

I went back to the collision center and retrieved the following: 2x HID kits, my Sony HU, my JL amp and Kaption Sub box, my Infinity 6022i front speakers, the factory tweeters I had added myself, the folding-mirror controller (not the wiring harness unfortunately), my K&N drop in filter, the DC Sports CS-2 upper strut brace, my ESAM-style window visors, my brand new battery, the Hella Supertones and the smoked fog lights. I replaced everything I took out though (i.e. doors speakers, factory stereo, blank tweeter covers, fog light blank out cover, etc.

I might even get the K-Sports and factory 15" SE sheels with the brand-new-this-fall General snow tires on them - just hinges on how fast the insurance company gets the car towed away...

I lost the VG Sharkfin antenna cover, OEM fog light column switch and the OEM rear trunk lip spoiler though :(

I have to put a deposit down on the FR-S before Dec 31 or it adds a month to the delivery - the dealer puts thier car orders in at the end of each month.

Expect a large For Sale thread on here from me shortly... I also have a TR Front Lip, the rear window spoiler, power folding mirrors w/ LED indicators, custom grill, Cosmo CAI, 17x7 Enkei J10's with Yokohama AVID ENVIgor tires (w/ only 10,000km on them) that have to go to make room for the FR-S in the spring ;)

Cheers,
Ken
2005 Corolla CE SE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users