JBCeliRolla

El Problematico

• Moderators
  • 2,150 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Vehicle(s):2006 Corolla CE AUTO
    1975 Jeep CJ5

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:59 PM

$extra 40 for a coating that doesn't really improve performance but look, then also it's something you can barely see because it's in the back of the engine....

Coating does improve performance. It keeps the heat inside the header and help scavenging...

where'd you hear that from? i don't hear any matrix xrs, corolla xrs rocking the dc sports header.

Here's a link to DC headers for the Matrix Xrs... And yes, I've seen them on Corollas and Matrix... The Celica one will fit with minor modification.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4ab345158f

If you don't like the monopoly of PPE, don't buy it, done...

From Los Tecatos de la Velocidad Crew

Posted Image

Just a lil' boost

#42 dmsyr

dmsyr

Assy McGee

• Moderators
  • 3,316 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM
  • Vehicle(s):That slammed 3p1 XRS
    04 Saturn Vue (RIP 10-30-2015)
    2013 Chevy Equinox

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

$extra 40 for a coating that doesn't really improve performance but look, then also it's something you can barely see because it's in the back of the engine....

Well you gotta pay to play my friend...remember, the aftermarket for the 2zz is not as big as Honda or DSM. As such, expect to pay more

Injen,Redliner9k PPE header,2.5 custom exhaust,ES MM Inserts, Ksport coilovers,TRD quickshifter,custom painted carbon fiber hood,headlight projector retrofit,6000k lows,4300k fogs,Altis grille,Altis 2nd gens,Altis roof spoiler,PR LIP,VG Sharkfin antenna,Altis duckbill spoiler,ESAM visors,Ultra Racing 4 pt. strut bar,Aodhan AH05 wheels
'03 Matrix XRS ECU-LIFTing at 6200

scoottuned reflash - LIFTing at 5500

BOLTED AND SLAMMED

#43 dearthpika

dearthpika

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

where'd you hear that from? i don't hear any matrix xrs, corolla xrs rocking the dc sports header.

http://matrixowners....xhaust-corolla/

Posted Image
why mess with perfection...

#44 SuperCollasus

SuperCollasus

• Members
  • 524 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON Canada

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

I think Red's header is the n/a way to go. I wanted one. I've decided the best bang for the bunch for me is a turbo kit. The initial investment provides the foundation for unlimited 2ZZ potential.
2005 Toyota Corolla XRS

#45 koleo

koleo

• Members
  • 781 posts
  • LocationCen-Cal
  • Vehicle(s):05 XRS

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:42 AM

wat about the 2zz mr2 swap header? will this work for the corolla xrs?
Mods: Injen CAI, Matrix ECU, Greddy SP2 axleback, ESP motor insert, megan racing SS, shift linkage brass bushing, h&r springs, UR 4 point strut bar, Alutec rear strut bar, progress rear sway bar, drag dr-9, 04-05 sti lip, lexus rear lip, 2zz coil cover, vuteq grill

#46 cougs57

cougs57

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Vehicle(s):07 Camry 2GR-FE (XRS Killer)

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

I do not think it will work seeing as the MR2 2zz is mounted in the rear... I dont see any advantage in attempting this either. If you are going to mess around with a header, do it the correct way. They are a PITA. If you do any header project yourself... Look forward to several hours of beer drinking and cig smokin! No joke.
07 Camry 2GR-FE / K&N CAI / 6000k Low HID / 2500k Fog HID / TRD 18 Rims / Amsoil

#47 SuperCollasus

SuperCollasus

• Members
  • 524 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON Canada

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

Any down side to running the (bigger) FI PPE header on an NA application? Just curious if the bigger primaries will hurt performance. It stuck in my head the NA needs back pressure due to exhaust gas pulses and such.

Thought?
2005 Toyota Corolla XRS

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xrs, 2ZZ, headers, exhaust

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users