7 replies to this topic

#1 OCDetails

OCDetails

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Location...right behind you!!
  • Vehicle(s):08 IS-F (RIP), 09 Rav4 V6 Limited, 05 Odyssey

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

I realize the signature size rule is 500x200. Mine was a little big because I copied the size from someone elses. All fixed now. :) I did notice while I was fixing it that there is some erroneous information on the edit sig page.

Posted Image

So if someone doesn't read the rules first simply because they know they aren't going to break any, they could still screw up on their signature because the instructions are contrary to the rules. That should probably be changed, yes?

Posted Image

~ ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~ ~
Obsessive Compulsive Detailing

#2 hughesjasonk

hughesjasonk

The Bad Guy!

• Administrators
  • 4,248 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

how do you propose it be updated?

and keep in mind the 500x200 for photos is for bandwidth control
Silence is golden.... But duck tape is silver.......

MOD LIST

#3 OCDetails

OCDetails

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

I agree with the size limitation. I've seen what happens when people put wallpaper as their signature. Of course, if the image is linked to an external photo album then it isn't a bandwidth drain on the server. That would only happen if they are uploaded directly here. Anyway, what I don't agree with is the forum rules saying that you can have one image sized at 500 x 200 and then when you go to create your signature it says any size and any number of pictures. So I'm just proposing the direction in the page where you create the signature reflect the forum rules.

By the way, I was going to PM this to you, but every time I hit reply I get the server error message, so that is why it is posted. I'm not trying to make a public issue out of it or anything. :) I absolutely agree with the rule on signatures. I'm just a sucker for consistency. ;)

Posted Image

#4 hughesjasonk

hughesjasonk

The Bad Guy!

• Administrators
  • 4,248 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

well.... the rule of thumb that i have been following is.... "all pictures combined not to exceed 500x200"....... if there is a verbage issue...... and that is kinda what i'm picking up..... pm me what you think it should say and nai and i will look at it.

MOD LIST

#5 OCDetails

OCDetails

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

I don't think I'm explaining it right. Go into the page to edit your signature. Look at what it says. That image in the first post is a screenshot from the edit signature page. The verbiage in the rules is fine. The problem is that you have forum default language showing in the signature page itself. Someone needs to go into the admin control panel and change the language of that page. So what it should say is "1 image no larger than 500 x 200" as far as the images go. I don't know if you want to limit the number of links someone can put in their sig since I've seen some on other boards with links to helpful threads that are very cool. I would definitely change that language to reflect the forum rules though. It is confusing to have two different rules posted.

Posted Image

#6 hughesjasonk

hughesjasonk

The Bad Guy!

• Administrators
  • 4,248 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:05 PM

let me check it out and i will get back to you

edit: i see what is up now. I'll work on getting that fixed.

MOD LIST

#7 Stephifuub

Stephifuub

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:06 AM

If this has been covered can someone send me the link to the thread. I have a photo bucket account and when I edit my signature to add an image it gives me an error message and doesnt upload the link to the picture I want to put in my signature section. Is this user error?

#8 Stepheuxo

Stepheuxo

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:04 PM

Ill try and adjust it tonight. There WILL be a limit on image sizes in the signiture, though. Some people get out of hand. Ryan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users